Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to XACO

XACO Communications Blog

Xaco Communications…strange name with a great personal and professional history.
I chose this name to honor my father, who used his first name of Xavier to create a name of his import-export company.
While it may not have been as successful as he would have wished, his travels to far away lands on business trips gave me a window to the world beyond Metro Detroit and appreciate other cultures, people and firms.
After his death in 1995, friends asked if I would be continuing his business. Well with a wife and two little boys that would not be possible, but I could continue the name when I decided to create a blog which integrates his name.
I look forward to utilizing this blog to share my experiences as a reporter and communications director, comment on media issues, baseball, travel and other items of interest to those in the Metro Detroit region.
I welcome your comments, job leads and responses to my postings … and hopefully X will mark the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment